Connect Church Governance
Throughout the New Testament, principles of church leadership point to a central theme of plurality.
Relying upon consensual agreement of godly Elders, selected from within the congregation, creates a healthy checks-and-balance of leadership direction, financial accountability, spiritual guidance and ministry implementation. We are an elder led church where the senior pastor is an elder with an equal vote as the other elders. Connect elders and leaders are committed to the example of Jesus who modeled servant leadership. They take seriously the role of shepherding the body of Christ.
Functions of the elder board:
- Provides leadership for the overall church, entrusting the implementation of that direction to ministry leaders and staff, under the leadership of a senior pastor.
- Creates policies to clearly define church values and biblical operating procedures.
- Ensures the church’s teachings and practices reflect accurate biblical theology.
- Provides avenues for pastoral care, conflict resolution, discipline, and restoration.
- Provides direction on financial or risk-management issues.
- Provides accountability to the senior pastor and fellow elders, ensuring the vision and values are carried out.